- BRIE Working Paper 2019-1, ”Beyond Hype and Despair: Developing Healthy Communities in the Era of Intelligent Tools“. John Zysman, Martin Kenney, and Laura Tyson
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-9, "Employment, Work, and Value Creation in the Era of Digital Platforms", Martin Kenney, Petri Rouvinen, and John Zysman
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-8, "Entrepreneurial Finance in the Era of Intelligent Tools and Digital Platforms", Martin Kenney and John Zysman.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-7, "CTRIP: China's Online Travel Platform - Local Giant or Global Competitor?", Tianyi Shao and Martin Kenney.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-6, "The Next Phase in the Digital Revolution", John Zysman and Martin Kenney.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-5, "On Open Innovation, Platforms, and Entrepreneurship", Satish Nambisan, Donald Siegel, and Martin Kenney.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-4, "Work and Value Creation in the Platform Economy", Martin Kenney and John Zysman.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-3, "Algorithms, Platforms, and Ethnic Bias: An Integrative Essay", Selena Silva and Martin Kenney.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-2, "The Application of Artificial Intelligence at Chinese Digital Platform Giants", Kai Jia, Martin Kenney, Juri Mattila, and Timo Seppala.
- BRIE Working Paper 2018-1, ”Unicorns, Cheshire Cats, and the New Dilemmas of Entrepreneurial Finance?“. Martin Kenney and John Zysman (2018).
- BRIE Working Paper 2017-3," What is the Core Tech of a Company Worth? It Depends Who Is Asking!". Helena Malikova
- “ The Regulation of Labor Platforms: The Politics of the Uber Economy” Ruth Collier, Veena Dubal and Christopher Carter (2017). Supported in part by a grant from the Kauffman Foundation.
- “From Great Power Politics to a Strategic Vacuum: Origins and Consequences of the TPP and TTIP” Melissa K Griffith, Richard Steinberg, John Zysman, article submitted to Business and Politics for publication (January 2017).
- BRIE Working Paper 2017-1. “Explaining the Growth and Globalization of Silicon Valley: The Past and Today” Martin Kenney (2017)
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-10. “Artificial Intelligence and Robots: Thoughts, Reflection on Policy Inaction in Israel and some nasty general predictions” Dan Breznitz. Presentation at the National Academics of Science, Engineering, and Medicine (USA) workshop on Robotics and Artificial Intelligence: Policy Implications for the Next Decade. Washington DC, December 12, 2016.
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-9. “What is the Future or Work? Understanding the Platform Economy and Computation-Intensive Automation“. Martin Kenney and John Zysman (2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-8. “Measuring Entrepreneurial Activity at Kansas and Missouri Universities“. W. Richard Goe, Martin Kenney, Donald Patton (2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-7. “Exploring the Marker-Industrial Revolution: Will the future of production be local?” Anna Waldman Brown (2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-6. “Mobile Internet Business Models in China: Vertical Hierarchies, Horizontal Conglomerates, or Business Groups?“. Kai Jia and Martin Kenney (2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-5. “University Technology Transfer in China: A Literature Review and Taxonomy“. Aihua Chen, Donald Patton, Martin Kenney (October 2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-4. “SME Instrument – So Far So Good? Expectations, Reality and Lessons to Learn“. Alberto Di Minin, Chiara Eleonora De Marco, Maria Karaulova (October 2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-3. “The Next Phase in the Digital Revolution: Platforms, Abundant Computing; Growth and Employment“. John Zysman and Martin Kenney (August 2016).
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-2. “Product-centric Information Management: A Case Study of a Shared Platform with Blockchain Technology“. Juri Mattila, Timo Seppälä and Jan Holmström (May 2016).
- “China’s 13th 5-Year Plan: Implications for the Automobile Industry” Testimony by Crystal Chang for The U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (April 2016).
- “The Rise of the Platform Economy” Martin Kenney and John Zysman. Issues in Science and Technology. Article. (April 2016). Also referenced in Financial Times Chinese Review.
- BRIE Working Paper 2016-1. “The Blockchain Phenomenon: The Disruptive Potential of Distributed Consensus Architectures“. Juri Mattila (April 2016). This paper is also an ETLA working paper (no. 38).
- “Certification, Clusters, and Creativity: An Analysis of Etsy as a Platform Firm” Kara Hawkins. Article. (March 2016).
- “The Platform Firm Flexport: Benefitting from its cluster and the globalization of production” Kelsey Hutcherson. Term Paper. (March 2016).
- Concrete Economics: The Hamilton Approach to Economic Growth and Policy Stephen Cohen and Brad DeLong. Book. (March 2016).
- “Marketplace Rules and International Deal Making: Some thoughts about the implications of the TPP” John Zysman, Discussion Paper. Prepared for the Munk School Conference, “The Trans-Pacific Partnership: Options for Canada and the World” (January 2016).
- “Great Power Politics in a Global Economy Origins and Consequences of the TPP and TTIP” Melissa K Griffith, Richard Steinberg, John Zysman, Conference Paper. Prepared for Unpacking the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) Negotiations (October 2015).
- “Winning Coalitions for Climate Policy: How Industrial Policy Builds Support for Carbon Regulation” Jonas Meckling, Nina Kelsey, Eric Biber, and John Zysman. Science, Article. (September 2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2015-6. “Salient Green: Business Power and Trade Policy Responses to Chinese Solar Imports“. Llewelyn Hughes and Jonas Meckling (August 2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2015-5, “Globalizing Solar: Industry Specialization and Firm Demands for Trade Protection” Jonas Meckling and Llewelyn Hughes (July 2015).
- “Choosing a Future in the Platform Economy: The Implications and Consequences of Digital Platforms” Martin Kenney and John Zysman. Discussion Paper. Prepared for the New Entrepreneurial Growth Conference, Kauffman Foundation (June 2015).
- “Beyond Cloud: Implications for the Industrialization of IT and the 3rd Era of Computing” Jonathan Murray, Presentation. (May 2015).
- “Value in the Era of the Platform Economy” Martin Kenney, Presentation. (March 2015 – Revised May 2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2015-4, “Signaling Legitimacy to Foreign Investors: Evidence from Chinese IPOs on U.S. Markets.” Xu Jin, Donald Patton, and Martin Kenney (May 2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2015-3. “Responding to Uncertainty: Syndication Partner Choice by Foreign Venture Capital Firms in China.” Xiao Huang and Martin Kenney (2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2015-2. “Innovative Clusters & New Work: A case study of TaskRabbit” Emily Isaac (March 2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2015-1. “MyFitnessPal: How This Winner-Took-All by Helping People Lose.” Emily Alonso (March 2015).
- “Regional Identity and Value Creation in the Wine Industry” Bradley C. Christensen, Martin Kenney and Donald Patton, Article. Forthcoming: California Agriculture.
- “Work in the Digital Era: Choosing a Future” John Zysman, Presentation. Prepared for: Future of Work, Open Society Foundation (April 2015).
- BRIE Working Paper 2014-7. “Disruptive Innovation: Risk-Shifting and Precarity in the Age of Uber” Emily Isaac (2014).
- BRIE Working Paper 2014-6, “Where Will Work Come from in the Era of the Cloud and Big Data?” John Zysman, Martin Kenney (2014).
- BRIE Working Paper 2014-5, “The Next Epoch in Cloud Computing: Implications for Integrated Research and Innovation Strategy.” Kenji E. Kushida, Jonathan Murray, Patrick Scaglia, John Zysman (2014)
- BRIE Working Paper 2014-4, “Escape from the Commodity Trap: Will the Production Transformation Sustain Productivity, Growth and Jobs?,” Written for the European Commission. John Zysman (2014).
- BRIE Working Paper 2014-3, “Awaiting the Second Big Data Revolution“, Mark Huberty (2014).
- BRIE Working Paper 2014-2, “Cloud Computing: From Scarcity to Abundance.” Kenji E. Kushida, Jonathan Murray, and John Zysman (2014)
- Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade Special Issue: “Digital Disruption and its Social Impacts”
Kenney, Rouvinen & Zysman 2015: “The Digital Disruption and Its Societal Impacts”.
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, 2015.
- Kushida, Murray & Zysman 2015: “Cloud Computing: From Scarcity to Abundance”.
- Pon, Seppälä & Kenney 2015: “One Ring to Unite Them All: Convergence, the Smartphone, and the Cloud”.
- Huberty 2015: “Awaiting the Second Big Data Revolution: From Digital Noise to Value Creation”.
- Kushida 2015: “The Politics of Commoditization in Global ICT Industries: A Political Economy Explanation of the Rise of Apple, Google, and Industry Disruptors”.
- Ali-Yrkkö & Rouvinen 2015: “Slicing Up Global Value Chains: A Micro View”.